In my last post, I wrote about the significance of choosing a WORD OF THE YEAR as a way of setting you intentions in 2020 and a new decade.
This week, I’m offering you questions that my clients and I have been talking about in sessions since the end of 2019.
You can use these questions as a compass that will help you integrate your word into your life this year.
What I know for sure is that taking the time to write things down makes a big difference when it comes to doing the things you say you want to do.
Research shows we are 42% more likely to meet our goals and fulfill our dreams if we write about them on a regular basis.
You don’t have to fill up pages; make it simple.
Create a list of 10 things you’re grateful for each day. Build on that.
Gratitude has a positive impact on our mood, outlook on life, and how we function in relationships.
What you focus on grows, and if you can put pen to paper and see that each day, you will experience positive changes.
Take some time today to reflect on these questions and write your answers. It doesn’t matter if you write in complete sentences or bullet-point a list.
This is for you; you’re not getting graded for what you want out of life and how you express that. Let your intuition guide you, even if you think something is “out of reach.”
Don’t block yourself from miracles; life is full of possibilities.
What would you try this year if you knew you could not fail?
What advice do you want to give yourself as you move into this year?
What habits do you need to create in order to be the person you want to be?
What brings you the most joy and how are you going to do more of that?
At the end of 2020, how do you want to say your life has changed?
Revisit these questions to see what you’ve created, and evaluate what you want to change.
Another powerful way to change your life is by seeking guidance, support, and accountability.
Therapist. Life Coach. Fitness professional. That’s what I’m bringing to the table.
My mission is helping women create optimal mental and physical fitness to live a healthy and vibrant life.
That’s what I offer, and I’m really good at it.
I have to know that about myself to show up for people in the best way possible, and it’s an honor when my clients affirm that our work together has impacted their lives:
- “Working with Laura was life-changing. For the first time in my life, I truly feel confident in the small, sustainable changes that have helped me trust my body and make healthy choices on my terms.” ~ Sarah Niemann
- “Since working with Laura, I have been more forgiving of myself than I’ve ever been. I accept hiccups (challenges) as life lessons and opportunities for growth and transformation. Having someone in your corner rooting for you, and sometimes putting a mirror up to you when you need it, has been invaluable.” ~ Rebecca Simmons
- “There were many times I wanted to throw in the towel, but Laura taught me to value myself and just show up. I have seen improvement with my weight and strength, and how I feel each day. Most importantly, she helped me see I can do anything I put my mind to.” ~ Stasia R.
- “After working with Laura, I was able to recognize triggers and put corrective actions in place to mitigate old thought processes and behavior patterns. Laura is funny, empathetic, dynamic, and somehow coaches you without feeling like you’re being coached. She’s also an amazing role model who walks her talk.” ~ Charita Chapman
- “You (Laura) teach me that I am capable of and deserve to live the life I want to live; that I can be free. Thank you for being open and vulnerable and being your true self. You’re an inspiration. Keep doing your work in the world. You are saving lives.” ~ Casey D.
If you’re interested in the possibility of working with me 1:1 and want to see if we’re a good fit, you can find out by scheduling a free 15-minute consultation call with me.
We’ll chat about what’s on your mind and you can ask me anything you want about how I see us moving forward and working together.
Join me on February 13th for this Today’s Woman magazine event, where I’ll be a guest motivational speaker!
You will meet new people (live and in-person instead of behind your phone or computer screen), and walk away inspired to keep living up to the intentions you set for 2020.
Mid-February tends to be the time our commitment to the changes we were so excited about on January 1st starts to wane. This event is the perfect way to rejuvenate your spirit.
Click the photo to find out more and get your tickets (the early bird pricing ends on January 13th).
If you haven’t already connected with me online, you can find me here:
- Facebook (personal) *send me a FRIEND request*
I post something almost every single day on social media that’s inspirational, motivational, educational or just plain “here’s a fun slice of my life.”
Have a great week!