Thanks for joining me on my 49th birthday!
Wearing fancy dresses since July 19th, 1971.
To hear this week’s blogcast, click the pink icon:
Until earlier this month, I hadn’t given much thought to turning 49 and how I wanted to show up for the last year of my 40s.
I kind of handed it over to this bumper car ride we are all on called 2020.
Why make plans beyond, say — a month — when you’ve gotten used to having a plan to unplan your plans (right?!)?
If you’ve been all over the place the first half of this year with your mindset, energy and moods, I’m here with you.
As my birthday has drawn nearer, I’ve found myself sliding into looking at 49 as simply the bridge to 50.
I’ve never been to a birthday party celebrating 49 as a milestone. Have you seen any black balloons with 49 written on them?
I haven’t met anyone yet who woke up to find their front yard filled with fake headstones or flamingos, and a sign with a rhyming poem about turning 49.
The first week of July, though, I decided I am going to put some muscle into 49 — this farewell tour for my 40s. I pick pink balloons, by the way.
I always choose a word of the year every January as my guidepost for the year. In 2020, I chose the word unprecedented.
I feel like I need to apologize to myself and y’all for that l0l : ) .
If there’s been anything predictable at all about 2020, it’s that there’s some unprecedented shit going down.
Unprecedented can still hang out with me this year — I’m not going to forsake it. This was not how I wanted my unprecedented year to unfold, but it is exactly how 2020 is supposed to happen:
- I’m mad about it.
- Proud of myself.
- Making moves.
- I’ve learned a lot.
- I’ve got a lot to learn.
- Wide awake.
- Worn out.
Anyone else? Feel free to let me know in the comments or share your own experience.
I’ve also decided to choose a word for the year spanning 7.19.20 through 7.19.21:
TRIBUTE: n. ~ an act, statement, or gift that is intended to show gratitude, respect or admiration.
I volunteer as tribute for myself in my 49th year.
I will live out these next 365 days showing gratitude, respect, and admiration for the 3285 days before July 19, 2020, and everything I’ve created in my life during this decade.
In my 40s, I have lived and learned that while things happen, I can make things happen.
And I’ve done that.
I’ve made things happen — even this year … especially this year.
That deserves a tribute, and I’m spending some time on this day, my 49th birthday, to decide how that is going to be.
Here are some questions I’ll be asking myself, and you can borrow them, too.
Volunteer as tribute for yourself this year — no matter which birthday you’re on:
- What do I love about my life? Why?
- How will I continue that or add to it?
- How did the past decade shape me into who I am today (or past year) ?
- What is something I once thought I couldn’t do, but now I can?
- What are three things I can look back on and say I am most proud of?
- What have been my greatest challenges or struggles? What did I learn about myself as I emerged from those times?
- How can both my triumphs and troubles inspire my future?
Another way to pay tribute to yourself?
And now, read this:
MIND, MUSCLE & MIRACLES
Begins July 27th, 2020
Change. Journey. Challenge. Transformation.
Well, we got all of that and more in 2020, and we are still in it. (Sorry for all of the mean things we said about you, 2019).
You need a soft place to land this summer to take care of yourself in an ever-changing world.
You can wait and wish for “a new normal,” or commit to a new quest:
- Unpack your overloaded MIND of the stress, doubt, fear, grief, loneliness, and anger. I often say that hard times in life “have given me wisdom I did not ask for.” Now that you know what you know at this point, what are the possibilities?
- Learn a new body language – Put these words on lockdown: bad, start over, fix, guilty, cheat. Put some MUSCLE into: respect, honor, energy, trust, strength.
- A MIRACLE is defined as a “a marvel or something wonderful that defies logic.” If there was ever a time for creating miracles, it’s now. You are at the helm of creating extraordinary personal and global changes that would have defied logic only six months ago.
It’s some mighty work.
And it’s also joyful and fun, because we need that now more than ever.
Inspiration. Motivation. Laughing. Learning. Conversation, and … challenges with top shelf prizes — thoughtful and unique self-care swag .
There’s also a generous payment plan option available, so you don’t have to say, “I wish I could, but …”
I’ve talked with many women over the years who wanted to participate in one of my programs, but the financial commitment was a factor.
I hope I’m offering a way for you to give yourself this gift .
I want this for you.
Isolation has become the norm this year, and we are meant to connect with each other.
I don’t want any woman who wants to be a part of this to be left behind.
There’s more Mind, Muscle and Miracles details coming your way.
Registration is coming soon!