:: LIVING WITH PURPOSE IN 2019 ::
In the upcoming weeks, I’m going to offer you a series of five lessons with strategies, actions and mindset shifts to help you stay in the miracle of the new year called LIVING WITH PURPOSE.
“Purpose” is my word of the year and I’m not keeping it to myself!
These will be simple and significant actions, habits or thoughts you can adopt that will help you live your life with purpose and intention this year.
They’re practical and sustainable, they won’t take a lot of your time, and can make a big impact if you bring them into the fold of your life and keep doing them.
I know because I’ve personally tested them : ) and my clients have, too.
I first shared these lessons with my private group called WOMEN ON THE MOVE and they loved them so much that I felt I needed to roll them out for the masses.
They’re too good to be exclusive.
Here we go …
Welcome to the fourth of five weekly lessons in 2019 where I offer you my best teachings, guidance, tips and tricks that will not only get your year off to a strong start but help you keep that momentum to reach your goals and improve the quality of your life in 2019.
How do I know this?
I know from personal experience because these things have improved or even transformed my life.
I also know because these are the practices I offer to my clients, and if they were consistent and committed when it came to doing them, then things that needed to change — changed.
Some of those changes I helped people make last year …
~ anywhere from 15 lb. to 60 lb. happy and healthy weight loss journeys
~ taking a leap of faith in a career and landing in an ideal job or starting a new business (sometimes after waiting months — or even decades to do it — it’s time to stop waiting, by the way)
~ becoming a person who works out and sees herself as an athlete after years yo-yo exercising and quick-fix diets
~ important decisions about relationships — whether they were friendships or marriages — maybe it was time to find a companion for life … maybe it was time to leave a relationship … maybe it was worth staying and working on it … whatever direction, people stopped sliding and started deciding
I could go on — I also have a special place in my heart for helping women cope with and heal when it comes to depression or anxiety. I know firsthand what that is like and that things can and will change — never give up.
LESSON #4: PLAY ON PURPOSE
(The collage at the top of this newsletter is representative of my 2018 fun — people, animals, games, trips, silly selfies, making art, costume parties.)
And … the red creature in that photo above? That was once me. Circa 1993. Kid you not. The video has the story.
And watch today’s video — IT’S SOOOOO GOOD:
– How I have fun with Gary, the mailman (it’s not what you might think ; )
– Play as a state of being — not just an action
– How to increase productivity, relieve stress, lower your blood pressure, lessen inflammation in your body and release more dopamine while you laugh.
SO, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY OR HAVE FUN OUTSIDE OF MARGARITA NIGHT ONCE EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS WITH YOUR GIRLS?
– play with a kid
– talk to your animals
– sing in the car
– coloring books, painting, puzzles, Play-Doh (really)
– give your clothing choices a theme each week
– hang out with fun people: I’ve carefully curated a crew of loving and hilarious friends — my husband is a trip — I’ve raised my kids to be on the fun bus in life — my people are fun and love life
– watch funny movies
– exercise can be fun — find a way to make that so (I’ll take you with me to my gym on a class pass and you will see that happen … I dare you)
– take a class, try out or audition for something you’ve never done before, but find intriguing or fun —- I landed a modeling contract with a regional agency last winter and have had a blast doing fashion shows and print shoots since then — all because I took a “Why not me? Might be fun!” approach — it was a complete surprise I never could have planned for
– throw a costume / themed party
– do something different on date night besides dinner (roller skating, miniature golf, bowling)
– clothing swap
– have an inspirational speaker come to your home for a girls’ night)